- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled, reserve some for garnish
- 2 medium shallots, minced (aka chives)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground smoked cumin
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol
- ½ tsp molasses
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In the same large skillet that you cooked the bacon in, saute the shallots (use both the green and white parts), garlic and tomatoes over medium heat until the tomatoes split their skins.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar, erythritol, molasses and water. Make sure to scrape up the browned stuff from the bottom of the skillet to add more flavor.
- Spoon the tomato mixture into a blender or food processor, add the cooked bacon, the smoked paprika, cumin, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and creamy *Note – add additional water or olive oil if you’d like the dressing a little thinner. It’s okay if there are some little bacon bits, that make is more tasty!!
- Store in the fridge.