A DIY taco seasoning that’s easy and free of fillers, preservatives and sugar. Also great for seasoning fajitas and as a rub for grilled chicken, steak or shrimp. Make ahead and keep in a dry place.
Total Time: 10 min
Yield: makes enough for 3 lbs of taco meat
Category: Condiments, Sauces
Author: Dana Choate
Photo from google images
1. Mix all ingredients together in a small jar and shake to combine. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. (That’s about as quick and easy as it gets!)
DIRECTIONS FOR MEAT:
1. Add 1 lb. meat of choice to a medium skillet over medium-high heat. (hamburger, cubed chicken, turkey etc.)
2. Use a spatula to break up the meat as it cooks.
3. When the meat is cooked through, sprinkle 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning over meat (or to taste). Add 2-3 Tbsp. water and stir to combine, adding more water as needed to keep the meat moist.
4. Optional: If you like a saucier taco meat, add 2 Tbsp. tomato paste to meat mixture and stir.
5. Optional: add 1 can of Rotel tomatoes instead of tomato paste and don’t add any additional water, the water from the Rotel will be enough.