YUM!!! What more can I say, except this would work great for a school lunchbox treat or a treat at work when everyone else is eating their incredibly unhealthy cake and donuts. You wouldn’t want to be left out after all.
- 1/4 c flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder**
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk (or any nut milk of choice)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener (to sprinkle on top of dough before cooking)
- Mix some heavy whipping cream with a bit of sweetener until fluffy. Place a spoon full on top of your cake.
- Make the heavy whipping cream and add a little bit of cocoa and sweetener to taste for a chocolate topping.
- Mix: 1 tbsp melted coconut butter, 1/2 tsp unsweetened nut milk, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Grease a microwave safe bowl or large mug with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add the flaxseed meal, baking powder, coconut flour, cinnamon, and sweetener together in the mug. Mix well until there are no lumps.
- Add the egg, nut milk and vanilla. Mix well until smooth because lumps of uncooked powdery stuff in the middle of your cake isn’t very tasty and you definitely want it to be tasty!!
- sprinkle the top of your mixture with a little bit of granulated sweetener.
- Cook in the microwave for 60 seconds or until a toothpick when inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Top with your pre made glaze if you want some….who wouldn’t??
Having trouble finding baking powder without corn starch?? Use this instead:
- Measure 1 teaspoon baking soda and 2 teaspoons cream of tartar into a bowl.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Make a bunch ahead, store in an airtight container.
Premake the cake and use it for a lunch box treat for work or school. Just run a butter knife around the edge of the mug and pop it out. Put it into an airtight container with some topping and whella, you have a taste bit of cake. 🙂
Premix the dry ingredients in a baggy and the wet ingredients in a little container. Mix together in a mug at work (if there is one available) and cook in the microwave. Enjoy a hot fresh baked piece of cake guilt free!! Don’t forget to put a bit of topping in a small container. I love the melted whipping cream with my cake. How about you?